Friday, September 13, 2013

A thought of Desperation

 (I would like to point out a few things before you read this many people in the world today suffer from varying levels of depression it is sometimes genetics they may have an imbalance of some sort in the chemical makeup or they might have situational depression where they experienced something traumatic that triggered their depression i.e. death in the family, war, assault, loss of job/financial stability. Many things can trigger or cause depression and many time the family and friends can't quite understand what going on or even why its going on. I suffer from depression some days are better than others I try to catch myself before it gets to far gone but sometimes I'm a little to late one of my ways with coping is writing that is why some of my poems may be a little dark this one I wrote in one of my harder hours. It might not make a lot of sense but it gives me comfort)

Here I'm drowning
Can't reach out
So alone
Must speak up
Help me keep me from falling
Here I am without you
What can I do to get out
What can I do to hold on
How can I keep it together
When I am falling apart
I'm bleeding broken and crying
Screaming and dieing tonight.

The shadows of yesterday still cling to the walls of my memory
Haunting and hurting
Burning into my mind the horrors of my past
What can I do to go on
What can I be to fight this eternal misery
I must carry on fighting the demons in my head
Far to often they have me on the ground
kneeling and screaming
I'm bleeding broken and crying
Screaming and dieing tonight

But I will fight
Not just for my mind
But for my life
For peace, my hope
All that could one day be mine
I will hold on to who I am
I will not live in this terror
I will be stronger than humanly possible
I am not weak because of my struggles and pain
I am strong because I have not taken the cowards way out
I have not ended my misery in the only way that I might truly escape
It a endless sleep a rest I so desire more than I can speak
But I am strong I will carry on this ends with me
I will not curse my loved ones
Because I could not fight these demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment