Friday, July 20, 2012

Park time/ Family time

So today we spent a little time at one of the local parks here. It was a blast!!! My son Sam chased daddy around the playground equipment and even climbed up and down the stairs on one of the structures. I don't know why but he is absolutely fascinated by stairs. It was a fun outing and a rare one for us.  My husband is currently looking for jobs in his field during the day and working nights to pay the bills and I will soon be returning to work to help pay the bills as well, so this was a very special treat for us all. I love being with my three guys having fun.  I feel it is very important to try and do something as a family at least once a week. Once a day would be preferable, but we can't always do that. We do however read as a family at least once a day for at least 5 minutes, which is nice to have in our hectic lives. Do you ever feel like there isn't enough time in the day to spend with your family?
     I see lots of families struggling with this: either one or both of the parents work and a lot of times they are either bringing their work home with them or they are exhausted and just want to sit down and do nothing. If you suffer from this, as I do, try and take one evening a week dedicated completely to the family. Say, for about 2 hours, and if possible try to have the whole family there. You can play games, read stories, watch movies or just go for a walk in you neighborhood.  It doesn't have to be something huge. I can tell you from my experience that it helps you get through the rest of the week and as your children get older they will remember those memories and cherish them. If you have really young kids, like me, try to find activities you can get them involved with like finger painting pictures to decorate the fridge with, visiting an older family friend or visiting an older member of your church. As your children get older you can add treats and goals to family night and even assign things for each member of the family to do to help make each family night special.
      I will post more fun ideas for family activities but I also want to hear some of your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment